DO I NEED A TRUCK? IF SO, WHAT KIND OF TRUCK?
- Yes, a pickup truck is required to haul for Vixster. There is not a specific type of pickup truck that is required, however, the pickup truck must be reliable, safe and in good operating condition.
HOW DO I GET PAID?
- All haulers are paid weekly via direct deposit to the hauler’s bank account.
- Haulers are paid via a proprietary algorithm that takes into account mileage, time and trips to the landfill, and hourly compensation varies between $12-15/hr after gas.
WHO PAYS FOR DUMPING FEES?
- Vixster handles paying for all dumping fees at the landfill. Haulers are not responsible for any fees when they drop off trash/recycling at the landfill or recycling center.
AM I COMPENSATED FOR GAS? IF SO, HOW?
- Yes, haulers are compensated for gas. Compensation for gas is derived using the MPG for each hauler’s truck, the miles driven during each route and average gas prices in the hauler’s region.
HOW MANY HOURS PER WEEK WILL I BE ABLE TO WORK?
- Number of hours available to work depends on how many haulers are available in addition to the routes available on any given day. Available routes vary each week and Vixster does not guarantee a certain number of hours to haulers.
- Once a hauler has completed the onboarding process, an onboarding document will be shared that will provide further detail on how routes are assigned each week.
CAN I SET MY OWN SCHEDULE?
- Yes, haulers are able to set their own schedule. A schedule will be shared once the hauler has completed the onboarding process.
WHY DO I NEED TO HAVE A SMART PHONE WITH DATA AND GPS CAPABILITY?
- All haulers are required to have a smartphone with data as all routes are accessed through an application on the smartphone. GPS capability is required as all haulers are tracked during the completion of their routes.
IS A BACKGROUND CHECK COMPLETED AS PART OF THE HAULER ONBOARDING PROCESS?
- Yes, a background check is completed for all haulers during the onboarding process. All background checks are reviewed and, if there are any issues, the Vixster management team will reach out to discuss further.
WHAT DAYS ARE ROUTES AVAILABLE AND WHEN MOST ROUTES BE COMPLETED?
- Availability of routes will depend on the county each hauler is located in and the days of the week that Vixster operates in those counties. Upon completion of the onboarding process, haulers will be notified of the days each week when routes are available.
- All routes are completed Monday – Friday between 8am and 3pm. No routes are done in the evenings or on the weekends.
THE HAULER APPLICATION IS NOT ALLOWING ME TO SUBMIT MY INFORMATION. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Make sure that the hauler application is being completed using a computer, not a smartphone, and Google Chrome should be used as the internet browser.
- If issues still arise, please clear the cookies from your internet browser and resubmit your application.
DO YOU WITHHOLD TAXES FROM MY PAYROLL?
- No, all haulers are considered 1099 contractors and taxes are not withheld on behalf of haulers.
CAN OTHER PEOPLE RIDE WITH ME DURING MY ROUTES?
- No, only the hauler that has been authorized to haul for Vixster and has completed the hauler application, onboarding package and tutorial training is allowed to complete routes.
WHY IS THE BANK ACCOUNT AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER NEEDED TO GO THROUGH WITH THE ON BOARDING PROCESS?
- We require back account information for payroll purposes. All payroll is process each week for our haulers via direct deposit. A social security number is required for background checks, which is performed on all haulers during the on-boarding process.